There are many ways in which hair can be removed from people’s bodies. One of the most searched and heard methods is laser hair removal. This is a medical process in which a concentrated beam of light is used to remove unwanted hair from the body.
Even though the hair growth will be late when compared to other techniques like waxing and shaving, this laser removal is not a permanent technique. Along with the initial laser treatment for hair removal, there will be a requirement for maintenance treatments after that.
What exactly is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a process used in medical spas for the purpose of removing unwanted hair from people’s legs and various parts of the body. In this process, they use highly concentrated light which will damage the hair follicles in which the light is concentrated.
Is this process permanent?
Even though there will be a 15 to 30 percent reduction in hair after every hair removal treatment, hair removal will not be permanent after the first 2 to 3 sittings in this case.
This process will give long-lasting results when compared to waxing, threading, shaving, and even bleaching. But the hair will come back eventually after some time. In order to remove all the hair present in one particular area medical spas might take seven to eight treatments for one particular person.
Things to note before getting a laser treatment
- As stated before, this laser hair removal is a medical procedure and hence it is always better to check the credentials of the person who is going to perform the procedure. And make sure to get this done in a reputed beauty spa.
- Before 6 weeks to the procedure stop all techniques like waxing, plucking if necessary. Because when the laser is sent, the light will check for the roots and when waxed it will be difficult for the laser to get hold of the hair roots.
- One of the main concerns that need to be addressed is the exposure of the body part to the sun 6 weeks before and after the treatment. This may cause complications and the person will not get anticipated results when exposed to the sun.
Advantages of the hair removal by laser
- The laser hair removal process gives long-lasting results and this process will reduce the hair growth eventually.
- It is possible to remove hair using this technique on any part of the body like legs, underarms, bikini line, stomach, face, back as a laser can go to any area of the body.
- The pain that comes with this technique will be little more than shaving and very less than waxing. The pain will normally vary depending on the area and the hair type of the individual.
Along with the advantages, there are a few disadvantages like this laser treatment will be expensive and it is a long process. There will be many sessions required for the removal of hair in a particular area.
The total cost that might be required for the laser hair removal depends on the spa and the sessions that are required for that. Usually, they will take $350 per session for hair removal on legs using the laser technique.